20051103

Jarhead




*Reville song plays in the background. Good morning one and all. Rise and shine! Just booked out from camp, what a way to spend a holiday, being holed up in the Duty Room staring at the wall...But it's ok, I had much entertainment and I was about to waste my day sleeping at home anyway.

Jarhead, cool movie. I am so going to catch this one with the guys, it's like BMT all over again. Except we'll be the one watching someone suffer in boot camp. Synopsis, real story of a Marine who goes through boot camp then goes to Iraq for Ops Desert Storm. The life of a soldier, the months of training, days of waiting, hours of boredom, minutes of unsurpassed excitement, and seconds of sheer terror. Wow, I might as well be an ad for the movie or something, but hey, I guess it's cool to see how my life looks like dramatised for the silver screen. Ok, so maybe not my life, but generally so.

It's been one year exactly since I started this little blog, and have been rereading my entries since day 1. How I have grown, from an idealistic schoolBOY, to kickass pilot...err, trainee. Hahaz, I never expected to take this path, but hey, people grow along the way, and things change. Like I said in my first post, change is truly the only constant. In one year in the army, I have learnt more, done more, than in my entire 12 years in schooling. I feel that the armed forces have given me something most will never have, a chance to do and dare, to be and bear. I love my job, and I thank God everyday for giving me a chance to be in the force which is above all.

No comments: