20051016

Making pledges

I admit I took my time to write this up, having not blogged for well over a month. I must try and at least keep up the schedule of updating my blog, and not be so lazy. Lots of stuff has happened between the last post and now, with certain milestones in my life having popped up in my life. I chiong Peng Kang sua, ate CS gas, CASEVACed, got initiated, switched to No.3, learnt stuff most people will never get to know, blew targets away estatically with my P226, and I guess the most important one of all is when I found a part of myself, in someone else. Life has never been better.

Sitting here writing this up in my wing line, I guess it's a blessing in itself. The SAF is evolving, and I think I'm in the force which will see this transformation first. To all those in NS and who cannot imagine the SAF to be nothing more than wayang, I challenge you to sign on and find out more, because there is so much more.

Happy Birthday to the various people who are having theirs this month, including my mum and sis. A year older, but also a year wiser, or so I hope. Some people just don't grow up, and though sometimes that may be a good thing, most times it just makes you backward, lost in a world which has gone on without you. Let's hope 'forward looking' becomes a mainstay in the vocabulary of more people around the world.

A blog without a point, but hey something is better than nothing. When I'm a bit more awake and sane, maybe I'll put in a more substantial entry. Till then, let fly yourself, don't hold back. You never know what heights you can reach...

Don

No comments: