20050604

Initiate rapid environmental restructuring, commandos...

Should be quite obvious I'm trying to make some new designs on this blog, but still very much a work in progress here, so bear with me. I don't have the luxury of this weekend to make the necessary changes, got to serve my nation by protecting it's "key installations".

They make it sound so nice, don't they? Key Installations Protection Force. Wow, wayang to the n-th degree. I'm most probably doing duty because someone in the camp doesn't like our singing or does not appreciate the amount of pride we have in our unit. Correction, amount of pride I have in my unit. I hardly see any of the other 'brothers-in-arms' around me feeling that swell in their throats and that tear in the eye when they see a red beret or hear the word 'commando'. It's a shame, the best combat unit and we have people who aren't inspired even to maintain minimum standards.

I love the army. Or at least I want to, though it is hardly giving me a chance to. The calibre of people I interact with, their level of faith and commitment makes me pause as to whether I am putting my hopes and dreams in the wrong place. My experiences continue to drain me, I feel stuck and plain disappointed. Lost.

Maybe that's not the word to use. A scout is never lost. Just temporarily disorientated. Here's to hoping I find my bearings soon, maybe today as I prowl the camp and keep it safe from terrorists who plan to initiate their own "rapid environmental restructuring" aka demolitions on my camp. Have many hours of soul-searching and intruder hunting to do, so I'm signing off.

Auspicium Melioris Aevi, truly.
Don

No comments: