20050106

Under Section 11 of the Enlistment Act...

I enlist tomorrow morning, and I guess this is a goodbye. As my parents put it, a goodbye to the boy that was Brandon, who will now change. For better or worse, that we will have to see, but I guess it's something that we have to go through. Change, the only constant. I started this blog with that in mind, I hope I can start army life and like it just as much as I always think I will.

It's something I always look forward to, a new beginning, away from all the schooling and the people I know since Secondary 1. That second chance to start anew, I'm getting tomorrow. I hope I make an impression, and hope that all my dreams in army can be pushed through with sheer effort on my part. Officer, Sword of Honour, and being on an international mission. I can only cross my fingers that the commandos get sent over to Meluaboh, I do want to get my hands dirty and actually do something to help others. Let's hope the red berets are truly the pride of the army, and get some time overseas helping others, and not let the tan berets get all the attention all the time.

To a new beginning, and a brighter time ahead.

Cheers,
Don

No comments: